TABE Webinar: What Kind of Light At the End of the Tunnel? Revisiting the Long-term Implications of Covid-19
The presentation will examine the longer-term economic implications of COVID-19. This is an update on a presentation James made a year ago. In this follow-up he will explore what he and other economists got right early on and what has turned out differently than those initial expectations. It will include a discussion of the impact of the pandemic on investment in equipment, software and intellectual property, residential and commercial real estate, implications for potential economic growth, inflation and monetary and fiscal policy.
James Marple is a Managing Director and Senior Economist with TD Bank Group. In his role, he leads a team of economists to provide policy analysis and forecasts to TD clients and stakeholders. The team delivers on a wide scope of research, covering the U.S., Canadian, and global economies.
As a respected commentator, James gives presentations across North America (now by videoconference) speaking on economic and financial trends. He is interviewed frequently on the radio, television and in print.
Prior to joining TD Bank Financial Group, James worked as an economist for the Ontario Ministry of Finance. He holds an Honours Bachelor of Arts degree in Economics from the University of Alberta and a Master of Arts degree in Economics from the University of Toronto.
James currently serves on the Board of the Toronto Association for Business and Economics (TABE). In October 2021, he will celebrate his fourteen-year anniversary with TD Bank Group.
Public Attendee List
- Simone Sherriff - FedDev Ontario
- Christopher Kuchciak - Canadian Institute for Health Information
- Zoe Rosenbaum - LMIC-CMIT
- Terence Smyth - Seaport Consultants Canada Inc.
- Paul Lewis - Financial Accountability Office
- Bradley Krause - Western Community College
- Melville McMillan - University of Alberta
- Likeleli Seitlheko - Ontario Ministry of Finance
- Stephen Verhaeghe - Government of the Northwest Territories
- Christine Dunnigan - OSFI
- Joachim Ramm - BlueArck Private Equity
- Greg Landry - Province of Nova Scotia
- Marie-France Paquet - Global Affairs Canada
- Nina Ahmed - ESDC
- Doug Norris - Environics Analytics
- Michael Makowsky - Ministry of Highways
- Chrystelle Saizonou - Infrastructure Canada
- Kellie Fong - Statistics Canada
- Hung Ko - Manulife