Consultant or Senior Consultant, Environmental Economics
Inspirational, innovative and entrepreneurial – this is how we describe our empowered teams. Combine your passion with purpose and join a culture that is thriving in the face of change.
Make an impact with our Consulting – team as an Economic Consultant specializing in environmental economics. Our diverse team of professionals takes pride in supporting our clients in with evidence based decision-making through the provision of quantitative and qualitative research and analysis.
MNP is proudly Canadian. Providing business strategies and solutions, we are a leading national accounting, tax and business advisory firm in Canada. Entrepreneurial to our core, our talented team members transcend obstacles into opportunities and are successfully transforming mid-market business practices.
- Propose, plan and deliver consulting engagements with a focus on environmental economics for clients in the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors.
- Conduct detailed research including literature reviews, data collection, interviews, focus groups and surveys
- Perform in-depth quantitative and qualitative analysis and consolidate results to provide meaningful conclusions and recommendations.
- Develop economic impact estimates, forecasts, and undertake cost-benefit analysis.
- Execute business planning, feasibility studies, strategic planning, operational planning, financial analysis and other forms of management consulting
- Develop project plans and coordinate project logistics with clients and other stakeholders
- Identify innovative ways to deliver added value to clients; ensure needs are met and relationships grow and develop
- Design and develop high-quality deliverables including proposals, engagement letters, reports, presentations and other correspondence
- Participate in business development initiatives and contribute to the preparation and delivery of competitive proposals
- Work collaboratively with the client engagement team
- Maintain flexibility to travel, as necessary
Skills and Experience
- Master’s degree in economics, environmental studies or other related field
- 2 to 5 years of consulting experience, ideally in a client-service environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience conducting analysis of greenhouse gas emissions and carbon pricing an asset.
- Experience in project management is considered an asset
- CMC or other related certifications are considered an asset
More than a paycheque, MNP is proud to offer customized rewards for our team members. With a focus on health and wealth, we provide an extensive list of benefits that support our unique culture and foster work-life integration.
Our MyRewards@MNP program offers benefits that allow you to thrive at work and outside of the office. Be rewarded with generous paid time off including 4 personal days, firm sponsored social events, a group pension plan with 4% matching contribution, voluntary savings products, bonus program eligibility, a wellness subsidy, health and dental benefits, mental health resources, exclusive access to perks and discounts, professional development assistance, learning opportunities through MNP University, a flexible ‘Dress For Your Day’ environment and more!