Director, Economic Affairs
About this job
As the Director of Economic Affairs, you will report to the Senior Director of Economic Affairs. You will be leading a team of economists responsible for conducting performance audits and studies on a wide range of economic issues, such as taxation, economic development, climate change, international trade, or innovation support.
The OAG values leaders who embrace strategic thinking and open communication, and who create an atmosphere of enthusiasm, caring, and team collaboration.
Ideal candidates are individuals with a strong background in economic analysis and managing multidisciplinary teams. Another important skill related to the position is the ability to work under tight deadlines while demonstrating professionalism to all our stakeholders.
If you are impartial, sensitive to the interests of Parliament, and have experience in providing strategic advice to senior management or Parliamentarians and in writing reports on complex and varied topics, we encourage you to pursue this ideal opportunity.
Primary responsibilities include:
- conducting performance audits and studies on economic issues relevant to Parliament;
- leading economic and statistical analysis work in support of the Auditor General’s mandate;
- providing advice and guidance to audit teams on economic issues;
- keeping abreast of significant developments affecting the Canadian economy;
- developing and maintaining a network of contacts inside and outside the OAG to identify potential economic issues at the federal level.
Information you must provide
If you are an OAG employee, you must submit the following:
• The Candidate Experience Assessment Template, clearly indicating how you meet the education, experience and asset qualifications. You must provide the names and contact information of references who can validate the information provided. The Selection Committee may seek additional references within the OAG.
If you are an external candidate who is legally entitled to work in Canada, you must submit the following:
- Curriculum vitae (maximum 2 pages) in Microsoft Word or PDF format, written in Times New Roman, Calibri, or Arial 10- to 12-point font.
- A statement of no more than two pages that clearly describes how you meet each of the educational and experience qualifications, as well as each of the asset qualifications.
In the documents submitted, it is not sufficient simply to state that you have the experience and qualifications or to list current or past responsibilities. You must provide clear examples that demonstrate how, when, and where you met essential or asset qualifications. Failure to provide the above information in the required format may result in the rejection of your application.
Only online applications will be accepted. Please apply directly on our website: http://www.oag-bvg.gc.ca