Economist, Economic Forecasting
Employment opportunity: Permanent, Full-time
Reports to: Director, Economic Forecasting
Location: Remote work arrangement within Canada
We are seeking an Economist to join our economic forecasting team. The Conference Board of Canada is the nation’s largest independent applied research organization offering unbiased, evidence-based information and analysis to both industry and federal/provincial governments. We have one of the country’s largest private economic analysis and forecasting team and are widely recognized for expert economic forecasting, modeling, and leading analysis. Simply put, we deliver insights that help leaders cut through the noise and make informed decisions.
Ideal candidates will:
- have recently graduated and seeking a career path as an economist
- continually push themselves to stay ahead of emerging trends and issues
- have high personal standards and deliver their best work, every time
- be a proficient writer, confident communicator, and engaging presenter
- bring their passion for economics and positive energy to a highly collaborative team environment.
We are a virtual organization and as a remote worker you must be comfortable and able to work 100 per cent of the time from a home office. To be successful as a remote worker you need to have a self-starter attitude, possess strong organizational and time management skills and be a proactive communicator.
About the Role
Some of the things you will do every day:
- Conduct economic analysis and modelling as a key contributor and integral part of the team working to produce our premier economic forecasting products.
- Maintain high quality standards, accuracy in calculations, completeness of data and rigor related to prescribed methodology and processes.
- Embrace the learning curve and quickly develop an in-depth knowledge of our models, forecasting processes and brand voice.
- Prioritize, multi-task and work effectively both collaboratively with colleagues and independently to meet deadlines.
- Contribute to process/product improvement and innovation within and beyond your immediate team.
- Develop positive and productive relationships with stakeholders and consistently deliver superior customer service.
- Commitment to demonstrating our professional values in all aspects of work and interactions with colleagues and customers.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Advanced degree (Masters or PhD) in Economics.
- A passion for and interest in analysis, both macro and microeconomics and applied research.
- Advanced communication skills (both oral and written). Show creativity and ability to write in a concise matter.
- Strong research skills and a demonstrated proficiency in synthesizing complex concepts and information from a variety of sources.
- Excellent interpersonal with all levels of internal and external contacts and customers.
- Demonstrated experience with programming.
- Experience with EViews software is an asset.
- Proficiency in a Microsoft Office environment.
- Bilingualism is an asset.
- Having a home office environment that provides for a productive, professional, and safe work environment during regular working hours is a requirement of this role.
Applications may be submitted through our Careers’ page. https://www.conferenceboard.ca/hr/default.aspx
We welcome applications from people with disabilities. Please let us know if you require a specific accommodation because of a disability, or a medical need, in order to participate in any aspect of the selection process.
No phone calls please. We wish to thank all applicants for their interest in The Conference Board of Canada. Please note that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.