TD Economics provides analysis and forecasts of economic and financial trends. The analysis covers the globe, with emphasis on Canada, the United States, Europe and Asia. The analysis of the Canadian and U.S. economies include perspectives on the overall performance of the economy, interest rates and foreign exchange rates, the regional economies, major industries and government finances.
This position requires a highly organized, motivated and team-oriented individual who is able to operate under tight deadlines. Successful applicants should have a sense of the drivers of economic performance and which will most affect the Bank’s business units and customers.
The duties include:
- Assist TD economists with research projects by creating impactful exhibits, analyzing reports and making conclusions
- Prepare and manage client presentation decks used by Chief Economist
- Manage various internal databanks, chart inventory and models
- Respond to internal and external customer requests
- Develop and maintain strong business relationships with business partners, external suppliers and colleagues
- Perform other duties that may be assigned from time to time by management
- A Bachelor degree in Economics is a minimum requirement.
- English (French is an asset)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytic skills, ability to interpret data and identify trends and anomalies.
- Ability to work independently in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong multi-tasking and time management skills.
- High proficiency knowledge of PC applications – specifically Excel.
- Knowledge of the structure and performance of the economy and major economic policy instruments.
- Familiarity with Big Data, Data Analytics is an asset.
Please send all applications to: