Canada’s Premier Forum for EconomistsWe Promote our Profession
CABE is the premier organization for economists and other business professionals interested in discussing current issues impacting the Canadian and global economy.
- Toronto, Ontario Economist
- Calgary, AB Chief Executive Officer
- Regina, Saskatchewan; Montreal, Quebec; Mississauga, Ontario; Kanata, Ontario; Calgary, Alberta Credit Manager
- Montreal, Quebec; Mississauga, Ontario; Kanata, Ontario; Calgary, Alberta; Regina, Saskatchewan Credit Manager (Bilingual)
- Vancouver Vice President; Data, Research & Policy
CABE is a national organization with local chapters. We host local and national events including luncheons, networking events, workshops, webinars and conferences. We also provide professional development and mentoring. CABE’s annual summer conference in Kingston, Ontario is the highlight of the calendar.
Who We Serve
We welcome economists and other business professionals and those active or interested in the field of economics to join us.
Our Regional Chapters
Connect with economists and other business professionals in your area through one of the following regional associations.
Benefits of Membership
CABE members are part of the largest
community of professional economists in Canada.
The benefits of belonging to our professional association include:
- Professional development through conferences, workshops and webinars
- Dialogue and debate economic issues impacting the Canadian and global economy
- Raise your professional profile as part of a national directory of professionals
- Connect and build relationships at conferences, luncheons and other networking events
- Gain knowledge and experience though mentorship
- Find job opportunities that are advertised on the website
- Gain leadership skills by volunteering to serve on the local or national board of directors
Inaugural Atkinson Fellow on the Future of Workers and Past-President, Canadian Association for Business Economics (2017-2019)
“CABE is a unique resource for applied economists in Canada. Stay on top of your game by learning from expert analysis on cutting-edge issues, developing professional skills, and building networks.”
Chief Economist, Central 1 Credit Union
CABE provides an exceptional forum for Canadian economists to meet their peers across the country. Personally, I have gained substantial value from these interactions in my professional work, while widening my network by volunteering on CABE’s board and committees.
Evidence-Based Economic Policy Advisor and Stakeholder Engagement
CABE provides access to a great network of professional economists and policy makers across Canada. CABE brings forward the most innovative topics in economic policy in an easily digestible and fun way. I would recommend joining CABE not only to young aspiring economists but also to people who are in their mid-careers looking to meet like-minded individuals and grow professionally.
Mystic Vale Economics, former Chief Economist at British Columbia Investment Management Corporation
Over my career, belonging to CABE and APEBC helped me build and broaden my network locally and across Canada, and their events have been great for learning and strengthening those professional relationships.
Partner and Chief Economist, Deloitte
CABE is the premier organization for the business economists in Canada. Its conferences and events provide excellent opportunities for networking, information-sharing and professional development. It’s activities to help with the development and advancement of the next generation of economic leaders is about building for the future.
Vice-President and Chief Economist, Export Development Canada
One of the great value proposition for CABE has always been networking. I come to the Kingston conference every year because I know senior level of people are going to show up and you get great ideas and debates. It is like the ancient proverb, ‘iron on iron, so one person sharpens another.’ CABE and its activities do that for me.
Director, Financial Institution Regulation
BC Financial Services Authority
CABE and its Chapter affiliates bring together Canada’s economics community by connecting ideas, supporting professional development, and fostering friendships.