The Economist role supports risk management operations within TD Economics. The position requires a strong technical and theoretical background in macroeconomics. The candidate will work closely with other members on the economic risk team to deliver the Bank’s internal risk management and regulatory processes, while also working in coordination with the macroeconomic team to identify and research financial and economic risks. This is a permanent position located in downtown Toronto, Ontario, Canada, reporting to the AVP heading the economic risk team.
- Identify key vulnerabilities and risks facing the Canadian and American economies and financial systems;
- Generate macroeconomic scenarios for stress testing exercises (EWST / MST / IFRS9 for the Bank’s operations in Canada; CCAR / DFAST for operations in the US), and
- Conduct empirical and analytic studies to support model development and risk identification.
- Technical skills – good understanding of applied econometrics methods. Experience using macroeconomic models to generate projections, developing macroeconomic models; knowledge of EViews would be an asset.
- Analytic skills – good understanding of broad range of empirical and theoretical macroeconomic issues, especially pertaining to macroeconomic-financial linkages.
- Research skills – able to conduct empirical and analytic studies on a broad range of macroeconomic and financial sector issues.
- Writing skills – able to prepare research publications and model documentation in a clear and concise manner.
- Presentation skills – able to interact effectively with management and internal stakeholders.
- Interpersonal skills – able to work closely with other members of the team and build relationships with internal lines of businesses.
- MA, MSc or PhD in economics with specialization in macroeconomics; experience in applied econometrics
- Ideally, a minimum of 1-3 years of work experience in macroeconomics
Please send all applications to:
Only selected candidates will be contacted.