Ministry of Transportation – Senior Economic Advisor
This is a permanent opportunity to join a high-performing team of economists in the Ontario Public Service (OPS). We support decisions on a wide variety of transportation projects and issues, using economics theory and modelling, data, and quantitative analysis. Are you an economist (or have a degree in a related discipline) and interested in putting monitoring and evaluation into practice at the Ministry of Transportation? Are you interested in developing or enhancing technical skills in performance measurement, data analytics, and economics, including cost-benefit analysis? If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
OPS Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion, Accessibility, and Anti-Racism:
We are committed to build a workforce that reflects the communities we serve and to promote a diverse, anti-racist, inclusive, accessible, merit-based, respectful, and equitable workplace.
We invite all interested individuals to apply and encourage applications from people with disabilities, Indigenous, Black, and racialized individuals, as well as people from a diversity of ethnic and cultural origins, sexual orientations, gender identities and expressions.
Visit the OPS Anti-Racism Policy < https://www.ontario.ca/page/
We offer employment accommodation across the recruitment process and all aspects of employment consistent with the requirements of Ontario’s Human Rights Code < http://www.ohrc.on.ca/en/
What can I expect to do in this role?
In this role, you will:
• Conduct, and provide advice on, research projects for a broad range of transportation economics policy research and planning initiatives
• Provide project leadership and mentor junior team members on corporate files such as key performance indicators, program-level performance measurement, and project evaluation
• Provide advice, expertise and technical support to senior management and colleagues
• Develop and foster working relationships and partnerships with stakeholders
• Evaluate and present intelligence on corporate strategic products and issues
How do I qualify?
Economic and Research Knowledge and Skills
• You have advanced knowledge of economic theory and research techniques to promote analysis and projects in transportation economics and performance metrics
• You can identify and prioritize relevant issues, implications, options, and opportunities from strategic intelligence
• You can interpret and apply strategic objectives and priorities into projects and knowledge management
Communication and Interpersonal Skills
• You have persuasion skills to provide guidance and influence project team work
• You have presentation skills to conduct briefings, deliver overview and proposal/recommendation presentations to management, exchange information with ministry partners and represent the ministry on committees and work groups
• You have consultation skills to seek and obtain support for initiatives and work effectively with individuals and groups
• You have oral and written communication skills to prepare and present a wide range of complex material, including policy papers and studies
• You have knowledge of process and policy development and decision-making processes to propose options and make recommendations for new or revised policies and programs
Project Management Skills
• You have experience with project management to coordinate and conduct strategic research, policy, projects, and process development activities
• You have experience with digital data file and information management
Salary Range: $76,382 – $112,555 Per Year
• 1 English Permanent, 438 University Ave, Toronto, Toronto Region
• 2 English Temporary, duration up to 24 months, 438 University Ave, Toronto, Toronto Region
• Less qualified applicants may be considered on an underfill basis.
• The information that you provide for the purpose of this competition and the results from this competition may be used to fill other positions. These positions may be of various tenures, including short-term assignments. Your information and the results from this competition will be retained for the purpose of filling vacancies in accordance with the applicable collective agreement or policy provisions
Please apply online, only, by Wednesday, October 18, 2023, by visiting http://www.ontario.ca/careers, and entering Job ID 204234 in the Job ID search field. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at http://www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.