RBC – Economist/Senior Economist
Economist/Senior Economist (Requisition No: R-0000078406)
What is the opportunity?
RBC Economics has an immediate opening for an economist within the Macroeconomic Group. The position is involved in the preparation of macroeconomic forecasts for a wide range of internal and external uses, including those required to execute IFRS9 credit provisioning and other regulatory requirements. The successful applicant will have a strong quantitative background to support the maintenance and development of macroeconomic models – a strong background in econometrics and comfort using statistics software is required. The successful applicant will also participate in the writing of departmental publications for a wide range of internal and external groups.
What will you do?
- Identify and conduct research on emerging macroeconomic issues ranging from trends in labour markets to shifts in the longer-run structural growth backdrop in Canada and the global economies.
- Contribute to data-driven departmental publications and ensure best practices are applied in producing all research in order to guarantee the consistency and quality of work that RBC demands.
- Policy analysis – evaluate the stance of Canadian public policy given the pressures of macroeconomic trends and propose recommendations for realignment.
- Actively participate in a cooperative manner for the achievement of department objectives and contribute to a positive team spirit.
- Communicate with clients, media, and public groups on your research and actively contribute to group research.
What do you need to succeed?
- Post-graduate degree in Economics, with a keen interest in Canadian and U.S. macroeconomic developments.
- Experience in modeling and econometrics along with an aptitude for handling various technical applications (e.g. EViews, R, Python, etc.)
- Strong professional written and oral communication skills.
- Keen interest in Canada’s economy, public policy, and how global forces are shaping the country’s future.
- Ability to adapt quickly to demands for research by stakeholders within and outside RBC
- Curious, enthusiastic, analytically minded and a team player.
- Work with a limited amount of supervision and exhibit ability to take lead on projects and initiate new areas of research to be undertaken.
- Working experience doing macroeconomic current analysis and forecasting.
What’s in it for you?
We challenge ourselves to be our best, think progressively to keep growing, and work together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits and competitive compensation.
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team.
- Opportunities to do challenging work.
Interested Candidates should apply via the link below